Whether you’re a local, expat or a tourist, Dubai is undeniably one of the best global cities to welcome New Year. Boasting a cornucopia of choices for partying, dining, and of course, anything if you wish to do something distinct or exotic, this classic destination goes all out to promise visitors an outstanding New Year’s Eve experience.
Not yet figured out the ways to rejoice in the last few sprightly hours of 2016? From the striking fireworks and amazing events to fabulous dining and exciting party celebrations that extends to the early hours of 2017, have a look at this guide for some great inspiration and make New Year’s Eve 2017 not only dazzling but equally memorable.
Watch Spectacular Fireworks
Ringing in the New Year against the backdrop of magnificent fireworks displays is sure to provide you with a Dubai New Year’s Eve experience of a lifetime. These wondrous pyrotechnics are launched from not one but multiple places across the city, as the clock strikes 12 in the midnight, thereby forming one of the world’s biggest firework shows.
Burj Khalifa Fireworks: The most fabulous is probably the fireworks show at the world’s biggest man-made structure – Burj Khalifa, which can be viewed by standing at the foot of the 828-meter-high structure itself or from a convenient vantage point anywhere within or adjacent to Downtown, such as Burj Park, Souk Al Bahar, Dubai Fountain region, Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Business Bay, Sheik Zayed Road or even the newest Dubai Water Canal.
Burj Al Arab Fireworks: Equally picturesque is the enchanting fireworks presentation at the sail-shaped Burj Al Arab, which is often dubbed as the world’s only seven-star hotel. To best appreciate this unsurpassed view, consider a spot near Kite Beach or Jumeirah Beach or make your way to Madinat Jumeirah, boasting some great points to feast your eyes.
Atlantis Fireworks: The imperial five-star resort, Atlantis, The Palm, is another place which you can head out to witness fireworks splendor. You can reserve beforehand special New Year’s Eve Royal Gala at Atlantis. Alternatively, witness it from Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk or opt for one of the many hotels or dining venues in the vicinity to absorb the views.
Wherever you choose to spectacle fireworks display in Dubai, make sure that you reach the spot much earlier, as they tend to occupy fast on a first-come, first-served basis. Also, be sure to dress warmly due to cold temperature outdoors.
Go out for a Lavish New Year’s Eve Feast
Dubai is second to none when it comes to amazing dining choices. So if you wish to welcome New Year with a delightful feast, here are a few dining venues which you can check out for a special New Year’s Eve menu.
1. Al Dawaar: Set within the opulent Hyatt Regency Dubai, Al Dawaar is credited to be the city’s only revolving rooftop dining venue. Enjoy international buffet while taking in great city skyline views and New Year’s Eve fireworks display. Not alone these, you can even get a free access to ‘A Night in Arabia’ party.
2. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray: Are you in search of an imposingly classy venue to dine your way to New Year? The sumptuous New Year’s Gala Dinner at Palm Jumeirah’s Jumeirah Zabeel Saray makes a great choice. You can take your pick from two options: Gala Premium Dinner and Imperium Gala Dinner Buffet Extravaganza. Starting at AED 3900 per person, the first choice is inclusive of premium bubbly, live entertainment, and multi-course dining plus beverages served at Al Nafoorah, Rib Room or Sultan’s Lounge. On the other hand, the second choice is available at the hotel’s Imperium Restaurant for a pricing of AED 2500 per person.
3. Nasimi Beach: This popular hangout place within Atlantis, The Palm not only lets you savor finest Mediterranean specialties along with bubbly, but also leave you spellbound with the mesmeric New Year’s Eve fireworks display.
4. Medley: For a relatively reasonable rate, Medley Restaurant at the posh Pullman Dubai Creek City Centre enables you to bid adieu to 2016 in the most stylish way. Thanks to its unique New Year’s event, The Last Chapter of the Year, providing a vast spectrum of international gastronomic delights.
5.Boardwalk: This restaurant, supremely overlooking Dubai Creek, offers a refreshing setting to mark the beginning of New Year. Lose yourself to the magnificent views of the surroundings, as you dine on a Mediterranean inspired menu with seafood specialties, freshly baked pizzas, and flavorsome combo of fish and chips, washed down with a great variety of drinks.
Party Your Night into 2017 at These Venues
For night owls and hardcore party animals, the following bars and night venues will host the exciting-ever New Year’s Eve parties in Dubai.
1. Cielo Sky Lounge: For a New Year’s Eve celebration with an authentic Spanish touch, make your way to the open-air Cielo Sky Lounge at Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club. Starting from 21:00 hrs to lasting till 03:00 hrs in the early morning, the highlights of this New Year party are not just mindblowing décor as well as great food and drinks, but also the special event – Made in Ibiza, which features DJs from Spain. You can further adore the unequalled city views along with iconic firework presentations. By spending AED 450, you can drink in unlimited beverages. Night brunch also available for AED 799.
2. The Black Lion: Located at H Hotel Dubai, this London-themed gastropub treats you with a menu filled with incredible British specialties, cocktails and house-made drinks including Ginger Beer and Root Beer. Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere with live DJ entertainment and a champagne toast at midnight, among others.
3. Q43: 43 floors atop Media One Hotel, Q43 provides an unmatched New Year’s party vibe in its expansive setting that replicates a New York loft space. Relish great food, sip on unlimited drinks with early bird packages (AED 399), and most of all, throw yourself to the energetic music and entertainment by the Grammy Award Winning DJ, Roger Sanchez.
4. Axwell & Ingrosso concert at Meydan: If you’re after a high voltage New Year’s Eve party celebration, head over to the majestic Meydan and be part of the stupendous concert by the former Swedish House Mafia performers, Axwell & Ingrosso. For a general admission fee of AED 499, you’ll be able to soak up all celebratory air, besides unlimited drinks and astonishing fireworks at Burj Khalifa. There are also deluxe entry passes providing unlimited food and beverages.
5. Zero Gravity: It’s another hotspot in Dubai for a lively New Year’s Eve celebration. Get a charge out of killer performances by 2ManyDJs Belgian brothers as well as the British duo Chase & Status. The unrivaled beachfront setting, together with fireworks display and awe-inspiring views of glitzy skyscrapers along Dubai Marina, will round-out the party experience.
Bring In the New Year at the Arabian Desert
If you dread being at a bustling dining or a raving party spot, then a wonderful way to spend the eve of 2017 is to escape to Dubai’s serenely consummate dunes by booking a specialized desert safari package. With an expert local guide in tow, set out to the Bedouin-style campsite, where you can experience warm Arabian hospitality and get a slice of rich Emirati tradition. Besides appetizing BBQ delights and unlimited refreshments, you can engage in many exciting activities including camel ride, henna designing, Shisha smoking, and much more. Depending on the packages you choose, you’ll be able to have fun with live DJ shows, sip on your favorite drinks, and even enjoy a thrilling overnight stay under the desert stars.
Celebrate New Year’s Eve aboard A Traditional Dhow
A scintillating combination of great food, live entertainment, attentive service, and intimate ambiance, the dinner cruise is yet another great choice if you’re looking for an alternative way to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Dubai. As the dhow sets sail for an extraordinary three-hour cruise around the stunning sights of Dubai Marina or Dubai Creek, you can take delight in a multi-course buffet dinner and also get a chance for a champagne toast at midnight. Be in awe at the dynamic spectacle of the glittery city skyline, get entertained by DJ performances, and have up-close views of fireworks from the middle of water, before this special New Year’s Eve cruise comes to an end.
Lastly, Make the Most of DSF Discounts
After a spectacular New Year’s Eve celebration and a grand welcome of 2017, continue the festivities in Dubai with some serious shopping. It is known to all that Dubai’s most awaited event Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is kicking off a bit early this time on December 26th 2016. Mix in the endless possibilities of this 34-day extravaganza with the unsurpassed spirit of New Year and get ready to grab unbelievable shopping deals. From Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre and Al Barsha City Centre to Midriff City Centre and Me’aisem City Centre, visit one of Majid Al Futtaim Malls, where a special DSF promotion will be conducted for 12 continuous hours starting from 12pm on New Year day. This allows you to grab up to 90% discount on your shopping deals. That apart, you can also stand a chance to win a raffle draw for the every purchase worth AED 200.
Accompanied by the most astounding adventure and festivities yet, we hope that these ideas will allow you to jam your way to the brand new year in the most alluring way! We wish you all an incredibly wonderful year ahead!!!