This summer, Dubai is sparkling with activities. There’s so much to do, you might just be in danger of having no time for yourself. There are new eateries to discover, and fresh new entertainment to enjoy. In fact, whether you’re into exploring various cuisines, body building, the art scene or crafts, Dubai has stocked up on fresh summer events in each area. Care to check them out with us?
Events and Fresh Activities This Summer for Foodies
• Al Fresco Drinks: The new air-conditioned terrace at Billionaire Mansion is all set up and ready to serve you finger foods and a lovely shisha all summer long. Open between 5pm to 3am at Billionaire Mansion, Taj Dubai.
• New Bakery at City Walk: The London-born French bakery Aubaine is opening the second branch of its wonderfully fragrant cakes and pastries bakery at City Walk on Al Wasl Road. Get ready to visit this bakery this summer, to enjoy some of their traditional Gallic recipes using organic, Fair Trade ingredients.
• Michelin-Starred Meal and A Movie: A movie and a meal is the recipe for a perfect date. This summer, take your significant other to Vox Cinemas, Mall of the Emirates, to watch the latest summer flicks while nibbling on the fine cuisine whipped up by celebrity Michelin-starred chef, Gary Rhodes. Best of all? Complimentary blanket, pillow and foot rest from the people at ThEATre by Rhodes.
• Themed Month: At the urban Cocktail Kitchen, the bar will be mixing up some unusual juniper-based beverages to enjoy with their fantastic food. Get to the Cocktail Kitchen, Cluster P, JLT for some cool summery drinks this year.
• The Atrium at Al Habtoor City: The Atrium’s first restaurant is opening this summer, the very British Rose & Crown. Get your fill of traditional British pub grub, hops and grape. There’ll be plenty of darts and pool, and classic board games to while away the evenings.
Events and Activities for The Entertainment-Hungry Summer Gals and Guys!
• LOL at The Laughter Factory: Get ready to check out the Laughter Factory’s new line up of stand-up comedians, who are all set to make you giggle and guffaw through the summer. Famous comedians such as Ola and Sean Collins and Michael Fabbri are coming down from Canada and the UK to keep you in splits.
• Love Karaoke? Head over to Tr! beca Kitchen + Bar for some happy hour plus karaoke runs from 5pm until 8pm. If you’re a budding singer or musician, you can actually take your talents to the stage and belt out some classic tunes from the ’90s.
• Trivia Night: Get your brainiac mates in hand and head over to the Crown & Lion’s quiz night on Mondays this summer. Participate in all five quiz categories and win some cool vouchers for food and beverages!
• Retro Bar: Head over to the Lock, Stock & Barrel at Grand Millennium Hotel, Barsha Heights for the cool atmosphere, hearty grub and retro soundtrack. The resident band 13 Daze rocks out retro tunes every Monday and Wednesday as well.
• Win A Year’s Supply of Pizza: Enter PizzaExpress’s Golden Ticket summer promotion and win an entire year’s supply of pizza. Here’s what you do – order a pizza for delivery, and look carefully in the boxes that arrive. You could get any freebie – a free soft drink or chips or even cash up to Dhs. 10,000! Or, you might be one of the lucky ones to win the Golden Ticket, giving you a year’s supply of free pizza.
• Rock Climbing: Adventure HQ’s nine-meter indoor climbing pinnacle is all ready for beginners and advanced climbers. This summer, Adventure HQ’s coming up with some more spots for newbies, so this is your route to fitness this year. Address is Adventure HQ, Times Square Center, Sheikh Zayed Road.
• Indoor Ripe Market: Fresh groceries are moving indoors this summer. Head out to the Ripe Summer Market for your baby spinach and kale, on Saturday, from 9am to 3pm, till October 29. Address: Ripe Summer Market, Times Square Center, Sheikh Zayed Road.
Tons of Summer Kiddie Fun!
• Hub Zero: Your kids are going to love this. Here’s an 18,000-square-metre indoor entertainment park with a huge range of virtual reality experiences, gaming machines and state-of-the-art stimulators. Hub Zero is the cool new summer haunt for your video-game crazy kids, and safe too. Open from Sunday to Wednesday from 10am to 10pm and Thursday to Saturday from 10am to midnight, at Hub Zero, City Walk, Al Wasl Road.
• Indoor Paintballing: Kids love to go paintballing, but you might not think it safe to let them do it outdoors. So, here’s an indoor paintballing arena, just 20 minutes from Downtown. Get your family or buddies down to Sharjah Paintball Park and unleash your deadly competitive side. After you’ve had a satisfactory day of killing your paintball enemies, enjoy a picnic dinner at the park’s barbecue area. Sharjah Paintball Park, Near Tasjeel Auto Village, Sharjah.
• Pac-Man Galore: For the next few months, do head out to the Stereo Arcade in JBR for some real-to-goodness retro arcade games. 1980s nostalgia, anyone?
• Archery Tag: Kids, do you want to shoot arrows at your enemies like Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games? Head over to the brand-new trampoline park in Al Quoz. Here you’ll find a massive foam pit to fling yourself into, and unusual games of trampoline basketball and football, plus 200 interconnected trampolines on which to unleash all your teen and kiddie angst. What could be better?
• Mini-golf In the Dark: Fine, you’ve played plenty of mini-golf under the bright sun. Have you played it in the dark though? If not, head over to Tee & Putt to a game of glow-in-the-dark, miniature indoor mini-golf. The whole mini-golf area is themed around the galaxy, so you’ll be aiming the balls for one of the 18-holes guarded by astronauts, aliens and other planetary objects. It’s just more fun this way! Address: Tee & Putt, Wafi, Oud Metha.
This summer is going to rock in Dubai. Whether you’re a home maker, a busy businessman or a kid with too much energy during summer, Dubai has something or the other to keep you engaged and going strong.